Mission San Gabriel Archangel
Mission San Gabriel Archangel was founded in 1771 by Fr. Junipero Serra and co-founders Fr. Benito Cambon and Fr. Angel Fernandez de la Somera. With a Moorish architecture, it is the only mission with six bells displayed on a bell wall or campanario. The very first Grapevines and Orchards of California were planted here at the Mission by the Franciscan Padres.